Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Introduction

I recently had a friend and a relative both suggest that I start a blog, and after a little consideration I decided, "What the heck!" Then came the dilemma of what to even write about?! What is so interesting about my life that people would want to read? Then it hit me. I am going to write about my journey to learn all things wine related. I want to cover how wine is made, to how it is marketed and sold, to the different methods grapes are grown, picked, and harvested what difference the type of cork really matters. If it relates to wine, I will cover it. Eventually. I hope.

But first- a little bit about me!

This is me! Ryan Bliss Brutocao

I was born in California, raised in Washington, and currently live in Oregon. I have the West Coast covered. I moved to Oregon when I was 18 to attend the University of Portland where I received my bachelors degree in marketing with an emphasis on entrepreneurship. After graduating I went to work for a small advertising company for a few months. Long story short, I was out of work in August and took a trip to visit my grandparents and the family vineyard. While down there I was asked to stay and work harvest. This moment is where my life changed forever.

I impulsively said, "yes." A few days, and thousands of miles on my Subaru later, I had made it back to California with most of my clothes and a smile on my face. Oh what a surprise I was in for. I knew nothing about wine except that it was made from grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment